ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA, August 10, 2013 (PRESS RELEASE) --
Filipino Young Professionals had 80 people, including members of the Fil-Am Meetup Group of Washington D.C. attend the monthly networking event and membership drive at Sushi Rock, in Arlington, VA on July 17th, 2013. Many signed up for FYP membership because of the support from people like you. Thank you! The great response is a continuation of FYP-DC's growing membership base.
FYP-DC is focusing on growing membership in order to establish itself as the central hub, or in other words the social broker of our community. It's a role the organization plays in the bigger picture of community. There is tremendous value
in connecting people.
In the following, we would like to highlight several individuals and organizations who are deeply involved in the Filipino-American community.
- Francine Gorres. Francine came to represent the AA LEAD. This is a non-profit organization that supports Asian American Youth Developement.
For this happy hour, FYP helped raise awareness about their Youth
Summit fundraising effort.
- Eric Espejo & Aaron Goodmiller. Eric Espejo is a Fil-Am filmmaker in the DC area; Aaron is co-producer of their project. FYP would like to help promote a crowdfunding effort (Indigogo campaign) for a film they're trying to produce with Dante Basco (The Debut). Read more about their campaign.
- Joseph Mansilla. Joseph is a member of the communications team of the Global Youth Anti-Corruption Network, and also
writes for the Philippine Star (Lifestyle Section). Visit his blog
- Megan Frook. Megan is the Project Manager at Washington
Language Center. FYP has been in touch with Megan for a possible collaboration to offer Tagalog classes.
- KAYA or NAPAWF. FYP has collaborated on past events with both of these great organizations! Check out their websites for more information: KAYA and NAPAWF
Missed the membership drive this past month? Sign up online now. It's easy!
Never been to one of our networking events? Here are the Top 10 Reasons why you should attend our Business Networking Events!
Questions, comments, suggestions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org